YOU'RE THE MAYOR
Your child has just been elected mayor of the city! Now it's time to govern!
You're the Mayor
Congratulations, you've just been elected mayor of your city...Now it's time to get to work! In this civics, writing and research program, students serve as mayor of a fictional city that they create. They must win re-election by pleasing their constituents, managing the city budget, writing a fair and just city constitution, responding to citizen concerns, delivering speeches and writing op-eds. In their re-election campaign, they create campaign platforms, bumper stickers and buttons that tout their own accomplishments as mayor and take positions on a set of city issues.
See a Sneak Peek of Our You're the Mayor Program!
- Serve as a mayor for a fictional town of their own creation
- Learn about constitutions and laws and create a city constitution
- Learn about the meaning of symbols on flags and design their own city flag
- Run for re-election and create a campaign platform stating opinions on each of the campaign issues
- Give a campaign re-election speech to voters outlining issue positions
- Learn about important civics-related topics as taxes, immigration, the environment and the First Amendment
- Learn about the relationships between mayors and city councils as well as with constituents
- Learn about and make decisions related to urban environmental issues