Students write and publish their own novel.
In Writing Wizards, we foster a love of writing by guiding students to write and publish their own real book! Using novels like Harry Potter and The Chronicles of Narnia as inspiration, each student works with a partner to design a fantasy world that includes major and minor characters, fantastic settings, an extended backstory and a world of wonder. The authors use artwork to brainstorm plot twists and dynamic characters. Teachers guide students by providing contextual mini-lessons on writing techniques that include the use of appropriate dialogue, detailed descriptions, sensory-rich word choice, and character, plot and theme development. At the end of the course, students publish their first real novel —signed by our Writing Wizards!
- Elementary (Grade 2-5) or Middle School (Grades 6-8) versions available
- 12-hour program (can be extended upon request)
- Writing Wizards can be implemented as an after-school program, summer camp or in-class project
- Purchase includes teacher training, unlimited support as program is implemented, lesson plan, powerpoints, project guides and marketing materials
In this class students will:
- Design a story setting and protagonist
- Learn the key components of a story and use a story planner to create their own conflict, climax and resolution
- Learn how to use dialogue in their story
- Learn how to use "gem word" synonyms in their story
- Learn how to "stretch out" a scene in their story by adding adjectives, details and descriptions
- Learn how to create a "Colorful" main character
- Edit and revise their story
- "Publish" their story complete with cover, illustrations and an "About the Author" sheet
- 12-hour lesson plan, student worksheets, direct instruction powerpoints, project guides
- One hour teacher training via Skype or GotoMeeting
- Unlimited email correspondence with Right Brain Curriculum as you implement the program
- Marketing e-blasts you can adapt for your center
- Marketing fliers you can adapt for your center
- Our Project-Based Learning Program Implementation Guide
To make a purchase please call 781-816-0582 or email us
Have questions about the Writing Wizards curriculum?
Email us or call 781-816-0582