Students serve as the nation's new EPA Director. Now it's time to save the planet!
In this social studies and critical thinking program, students discover that they have just been named the new Director of the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency). As they are briefed on clean water laws, pollution, car pool lanes, endangered species, overpopulation and other environmental issues, students will begin to prepare a report and presentation to a fictitious president, outlining the EPA's new policy in each area. Students will design a city, considering how to best make it "green," in terms of trash collection, recycling, electrical power and pollution. Our students will be challenged to think critically and creatively in this informative and contemporary class.
- Elementary (Grade 2-5) or Middle School (Grades 6-8) versions available
- 12-hour program (can be extended upon request)
- Green Power can be implemented as an after-school program, summer camp or in-class project
- Supplies needed include laptop, projector or TV display, poster boards, construction paper, basic art materials
In this class, students will:
- Serve as the EPA Director for a fictional president and make decisions on key environmental issues
- Learn about the history of pollution, endangered species and recycling in the United States and around the world
- Create an advertising campaign to encourage more drivers to use public transportation
- Create an environmental plan for a city, including garbage, travel, electricity and recycling services
- Learn about the electrical grid and how it delivers energy to homes and businesses
- Devise a personal plan for how they can help the environment in their own life
- Create a presentation to the "president" outlining a plan for the EPA
- 12-hour lesson plan, student worksheets, direct instruction powerpoints, project guides
- One hour teacher training via Skype or GotoMeeting
- Unlimited email correspondence with Right Brain Curriculum as you implement the program
- Marketing e-blasts you can adapt for your center
- Marketing fliers you can adapt for your center
- Our Project-Based Learning Program Implementation Guide
To make a purchase please call 781-816-0582 or email us
Have questions about the Green Power curriculum?
Email us or call 781-816-0582
Green Power Copyright©2016 Right Brain Curriculum