Students are in charge of an architectural firm. Now it's time to reach for the sky!
The sky is the limit in Expert Architects! In this math, writing and presentation class, our students find out on the first day of class that they are the president of the city's newest architectural firm. They are commissioned with constructing the tallest building in a nearby city and must plan out their design. Students learn a kid-friendly history of skyscrapers and create a blueprint of their own stylized tall building. They then must weigh other considerations including environmental effects, traffic and surrounding buildings as they use Google Earth to find the perfect location for their project. Once their blueprint is finished, our expert architects create a three-dimensional Lego model of the structure and deliver a presentation to the "city council" highlighting all aspects of their creation.
- Elementary (Grade 2-5) or Middle School (Grades 6-8) versions available
- 12-hour program (can be extended upon request)
- Expert Architects can be implemented as an after-school program, summer camp or in-class project
- Supplies needed include laptop, projector or TV display, poster boards, construction paper, basic art materials
In this class, your child will:
- Serve as a co-president of their own fictional architect firm
- Plan out a full blueprint and multi-themed plan for a new skyscraper
- Research locations for their skyscraper using Google Maps/Earth and pitch the location
- Learn about the environmental effects of skyscrapers in cities
- Watch and take notes on a variety of videos about structure, science and history of skyscrapers
- Read about the history of skyscrapers
- Learn about a variety of architectural styles and the rise of modernism
- Give a presentation to an imagined version of a city council in which they present their plan for a new skyscraper
- 12-hour lesson plan, student worksheets, direct instruction powerpoints, project guides
- One hour teacher training via Skype or GotoMeeting
- Unlimited email correspondence with Right Brain Curriculum as you implement the program
- Marketing e-blasts you can adapt for your center
- Marketing fliers you can adapt for your center
To make a purchase please call 781-816-0582 or email us
Have questions about the Expert Architects curriculum?
Email us or call 781-816-0582