Students design their own business and then present it in the Shark Tank!
In our Business Sharks class, students play the role of young entrepreneurs as they start with the germ of an idea for a business and product and take it through the entire entrepreneurial process. Our students develop prototypes, formulate a business plan and devise a marketing strategy. Meanwhile, students learn concepts such as business plans, profits and branding while designing print ads, acting out “TV commercials,” researching real estate locations and designing their storefronts. The class concludes with our young executives pitching their ideas to a "Shark Tank" of parents. These students will really be taking care of business!
- Elementary (Grade 2-5) or Middle School (Grades 6-8) versions available
- 12-hour program (can be offered in a variety of intervals)
- Business Sharks can be implemented as an after-school program, summer camp or in-class project
- Purchase includes teacher training, unlimited support as program is implemented, lesson plan, powerpoints, project guides and marketing materials
In this class students will:
- Work with a teammate to develop their own idea for a business and a product
- Learn about business plans and create their own business plan in poster form
- Learn about six different marketing strategies and create their own marketing campaign
- Learn how to be a "wily consumer"
- Write a script for a TV commercial for their business and act out their commercial
- Learn about business logos and slogans and create their own
- Design the inside and outside of their storefront
- Use Google Earth to select a location for their business in their town
- Learn tips for giving an effective presentation
- Give their own Shark Tank presentation to three adult "Sharks"
Click below to see videos from our Business Sharks program:
Bring Business Sharks to Your School or Center:
- 12-hour lesson plan, student worksheets, direct instruction powerpoints, project guides
- One hour teacher training via Skype or GotoMeeting
- Unlimited email correspondence with Right Brain Curriculum as you implement the program
- Marketing e-blasts you can adapt for your center
- Marketing fliers you can adapt for your center
- Our Project-Based Learning Program Implementation Guide
- We provide the trained teacher, curriculum and all materials
- We split the profits from the class with your school or center
- We correspond with parents to introduce our program and curriculum
To make a purchase please call 781-816-0582 or email us
Have questions about the Business Sharks curriculum?
Email us or call 781-816-0582