THE LEGO CIVICS PROJECT
Build Your Lego City. Then Learn to Govern it...
The Lego Civics Project
As our students build a fully-planned and intricately-designed Lego city, they also learn to govern it. Students learn about elections, constitutions, flags, currency and the environment as they serve on a city council which must make key governing decisions about their city. Students have the opportunity to run for mayor, open their own business, debate city issues and design city buildings. Social studies, history and civics have never been so fun!
- Elementary (Grade 2-5) or Middle School (Grades 6-8) versions available
- 12-hour program
- The Lego Civics Project can be implemented as an after-school program, summer camp or in-class project
- Purchase includes teacher training, unlimited support as program is implemented, lesson plan, powerpoints, project guides and marketing materials
In this class, students will:
- Serve on the city council of a fictional town of their own creation
- Learn about constitutions and laws and create a city constitution
- Learn about the meaning of symbols on flags and design their own city flag
- Run for mayor and create a campaign platform stating opinions on each of the campaign issues
- Give a campaign election speech to voters outlining issue positions
- Learn about important civics-related topics such as taxes, immigration and the environment
- Learn about and make decisions related to urban environmental issues
- 12-hour lesson plan, student worksheets, direct instruction powerpoints, project guides
- One hour teacher training via Skype or GotoMeeting
- Unlimited email correspondence with Right Brain Curriculum as you implement the program
- Marketing e-blasts you can adapt for your center or school
- Marketing fliers you can adapt for your center or school
To make a purchase please call 781-816-0582 or email us
Have questions about the Lego Civics Project curriculum?
Email us or call 781-816-0582