THE KIDS' NEWSROOM
Our classroom becomes a newsroom!
The Kids' Newsroom
Extra! Extra! Read all about it… In the Kids' Newsroom, our students learn the craft of journalism including investigative writing and research. Our classroom transforms into a working newsroom, complete with editorial staff, reporters, columnists and headline writers. Each student plays multiple roles and works together to publish their own newspaper with stories about their local school and community.
These reporters learn techniques for crafting news stories, writing persuasive editorial essays and interviewing news-makers. Students edit each other’s work, take photographs and publish their newspaper. Have an idea for a news story? Call our Kids’ Newsroom Hotline today!
- Elementary (Grade 2-5) or Middle School (Grades 6-8) versions available
- 12-hour program (can be offered in a variety of intervals)
- The Kids' Newsroom can be implemented as an after-school program, summer camp or in-class project
- Purchase includes teacher training, unlimited support as program is implemented, lesson plan, powerpoints, project guides and marketing materials
In this class, your child will:
- Learn about the history of newspapers
- Work as part of a team that publishes its own newspaper
- Learn how reporters organize and write stories
- Write news stories on local, national and personal events
- Learn about the difference between editorials and news stories and write their own editorials
- Play a "Headline Hunters" game in which they race to find facts in famous newspaper headlines
- Learn how to revise and edit their own and other reporters' stories
- Help to "publish" the class newspaper
Bring The Kids' Newsroom to Your School or Center:
- 12-hour lesson plan, student worksheets, direct instruction powerpoints, project guides
- One hour teacher training via Skype or GotoMeeting
- Unlimited email correspondence with Right Brain Curriculum as you implement the program
- Marketing e-blasts you can adapt for your center
- Marketing fliers you can adapt for your center
- Our Right Brain Curriculum Implementation Guide and classroom management system
- Run the program as many times as you like for one purchase price
- We provide the trained teacher, curriculum and all materials
- We take a percentage of the profits from the class with your center or school
- We correspond with parents to introduce our program and curriculum
To make a purchase please call 781-816-0582 or email us
Have questions about the Kids' Newsroom curriculum?
Email us or call 781-816-0582