Work for Us!
Right Brain Curriculum is looking for energetic,
dynamic and enthusiastic instructors to teach our fun and engaging
project-based learning classes after school all over Eastern Massachusetts. Our
classes include writing, science, social studies and math-based classes, all of
which include engaging, hands-on projects. We are looking to employ a corps of
capable teachers to call upon to teach classes in the area.
• Prior work with elementary and/or middle school students in an educational setting. Teachers with experience as substitute teachers, student teachers or paraprofessionals are excellent candidates.
• We pay $35-$40 per hour depending on the size of the class. We do not pay for training, travel or set up. However, training is largely done on your own time in consultation with the pre-written curriculum. Because we offer classes all over the Greater Boston area, you can find classes to teach near your home.
• We use a highly effective point system to help you manage your class effectively.
• All of our curriculum includes minute-by-minute lesson plans, powerpoints that you read to your students and pre-prepared worksheets and projects. We give you a fully-arranged curriculum that requires very little planning.
When Are Classes?
• In the Spring, Fall and Winter, most classes are after school beginning between 3:00 and 4:30 and run for 60 to 90 minutes.
• You must have a love for children and an enthusiasm. We value an ability to bring your "A game" to each class and to display positive energy with your students
• You need a car as most locations are not near public transportation
• You need a laptop to bring to classes
• You must be able to commit to the length of a class once you accept the opportunity and to always be on-time
• You must be willing to complete a CORI as required by each town or school with which we work
If interested, please send both a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Also please include a note about the geographical area in which you live and the area in which you could potentially teach a class (For instance, "Anywhere north of the Mass Pike inside Route 128")