Your child is president of an architectural firm. It's time to reach for the sky!
The sky is the limit in Expert Architects! In this math, writing and presentation class, our students find out on the first day of class that they are the heads of the city's newest architectural firm. They are commissioned with building the tallest building in a nearby city and must plan their design. Students learn a kid-friendly history of skyscrapers and create a blueprint of their own stylized tall building. They then must weigh other considerations including environmental effects, traffic and surrounding buildings using Google Earth to find the perfect location for their project. Once their blueprint is finished, our expert architects create a three-dimensional model of the structure and deliver a presentation to their "clients" highlighting all aspects of their creation.
See a Sneak Peek of Our Expert Architects Program!
- Serve as a co-president of their own fictional architect firm
- Plan out a full blueprint and multi-themed plan for Boston's Next Skyscraper
- Research locations for their skyscraper using Google Maps/Earth and pitch the location
- Learn about the environmental effects of skyscrapers in cities
- Watch and take notes on a variety of videos about structure, science and history of skyscrapers
- Read about the history of skyscrapers in Boston, Massachusetts
- Learn about a variety of architectural styles and the rise of modernism
- Give a presentation to an imagined version of "Boston City Council" in which they present their plan for Boston's Next Skyscraper